Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Social Documentary



I always find my neighbour very interesting - one of the reason was because of their little yet frightening dog. He has a small body but when he barks the neighbourhood would think it comes from a huge dog. 

So I have decided to do a project on them. This is my first time doing something like this - interviewing people that I rarely spoken to and going in to their house. It was quite frightening at first because I don't know what to expect. From the interviews and tour around their house, I found out a lot about their character and the difference in their character - but at the same time they balance out each other from their differences. I've decided to focus on and show how to show their differences in character. 

The husband (David) is more quiet, calm but rather reserve. The wife (Cheryl) on the other hand has more character - she's the loud one, at first she seemed to be more dominant in their relationship, from the way the house is decorated, Cheryl is the one who always buys and picks all of the decorations and place them wherever she wanted. In a sense, the first impression I got from them is that she seems to have more power in the house. 
But after meeting them the second time, I realised although Cheryl seemed like the dominant one, however, when David started talking in his chair , Cheryl kept quiet and let him talk - at that instance, Cheryl's power vanish and David was the dominant one (in a subtle approach)

The 6 photographs are aimed to show the idea of balance between marriage - in this case how their character balances their marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment