Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chinese Whispers Zine

From the four topics that were given; conspiracy, lies, myth and propaganda, I chose lies as my own topic. I did some research on the famous lies that people told, which made me find out about the 'Balloon boy incident'. I did a couple of experiment based on that incident; different forms of typography and drawings.

Then, it gave me an idea of chinese whispers game, the famous on-going lies. I wrote down some quotes from the internet, news and I tried out the chinese whispers game with my classmates. The results were really good, and I got to use the quotes for my zine. It took me a while to figure out how to connect each pages and finally came up with the idea of drawing methods of communication in each pages such as; mouth, telephone, radio, mailbox, etc. This was done with the idea of 'connect the dots' because I wanted people to interact with the zine when reading it. And the little man that appears in each page is actually saying as if he is the one who tells the quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment