Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Schrodinger's Cat In Reality

Our Christmas holiday project was to choose one phenomena from the list that were given. Schrodinger's Cat was the topic that appealed to me the most, because I never heard of it and wanted to know more about this phenomena.
The original theory was that; an experimenter puts a cat into a box along with a flask of poison and hammers. Then the hammer will fall down and hits the flask of poison, when the flask of poison breaks, there is a 50:50 chance that the cat will breathe in the poison and die. At this stage, when the box is close, we say that the cat is alive AND dead. But when the experimenter opens the box, we say that the cat is EITHER alive OR dead. The whole point in this theory is that you have to open the box to get to know the answer.

I decided to take a humourous approach. The beginning of the video, I used the idea of the actual schrondinger's cat theory but at the end, I made a twist to make it funny.
I made about 90 pages of drawings in tracing paper. And then I scanned them in and put them into windows movie maker. Some of the slides I made it faster that others because some slides needed to last longer as there are writings on them that I want the audience to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment