Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Graphic Music Score

Camberwell Festival week. We formed a band that consisted of 6 people and created a music instrument each from rubbish; cans, bottles, broken instruments, etc and we got to perform it within a week time.
After we performed our piece, we created a graphic score based on the performance.
Below is the graphic score I made. This idea was inspired by abacus; a counting frame that was used mostly in asia. When I was younger, I always play with the abacus that I have back home; not only for the arithmetic studies but I also liked it because it made a strange sound (the one I have). The shape of the abacus was actually quite similar to the graphic score, the little beads were triangular shaped. I used two colours; black and red in the score, the black represents the normal sound; medium normal sound and the red represents the dynamic; crescendo.

No comments:

Post a Comment