Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Way of Finding in Nurse's Bag

This was a 10 day project where we had to create a 'way finding' system through our chosen interior/exterior space, for somebody who does not know the space and to discover everything about the space through any media.

The space that I chose was woman's bag. Originally, I had this idea when I was looking around in Westfield Shopping Centre. And I thought, this project could be subjected to all the men out there, who always wonder what women carry in their bag.
The above is a photography piece. The idea was simple, I put each objects in a clear plastic bag and used strings to connect each objects together. The strings acted as a route, a map from one object to another and I used plastic bag, so it is as if a man is going through this bag and collects all the objects as an evidence.

But, I wasn't really pleased with the final outcome, I didn't feel it was finished, so I decided to use a different media. I made an audio tour showing the inside of a bag. This time, I chose one particular character in the woman society; Nurse and brainstormed what could nurse have in their bag. Nurse can be define in two ways; a diligent, serious nurse or a promiscuous, provocative nurse (women who dressed up as a nurse for halloween for example). Thus the objects in this video will be different from the previous photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment