Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Letterpress

This was a one day letterpress workshop that I signed up for. In the workshop, we were given six letters in random and I got; C, K, M, O, G and Q. We could use these letters to create a word or anything that represents some of the letters.
I decided to use the letters G, O and M and come up with random words that starts with these letters and join them into a three word sentence.
I experimented with a couple of different typeface and ended up choosing 'castellar' typeface. I really like this typeface because it gives an ancient, vintage feel to it.
At the end of the day, after I produced my letterpress, I was really pleased with all of it, from the typeface to the colour that I picked and mixed. I really enjoyed doing this workshop, something I wish to do again for the upcoming project.

No comments:

Post a Comment