Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Shop Local

This was a one week project where we had to choose a local story or cause and make a poster based on it.
My cause was to persuade people to shop more so it will increase UK's economy. And I summed up my topic into a sentence; a motto. At first I came up with "Shop together, Live together". We had one workshop were we experimented with the sentences; the placement of each letters, etc.
After a couple of experiments I realised my sentence didn't work really well, in terms of getting the message across.

The idea that I have for the poster was really simple. There were names of brands and I changed the sentence to "There is no need to ignore them", but the 'no' is deleted (white colour), thus the poster is encouraging people to shop local.


No comments:

Post a Comment